Monday, June 22, 2009

Ayyy! El Fuego!!!

Remember how I was talking about chaos yesterday? Get this- today during worship a couple of guys across the street who were probably a bit drunk dropped a cigarette into the grass around their feet, and before they knew it, a huge fire had broken loose. By the time we noticed it, the flames were up above the 10 foot concrete wall surrounding the place. When we got there, and asked them if they had it under control, they said, “Oh no, we’re fine” as the fire quickly spread away from the single measly hose. We quickly dismissed that, grabbed hoses and buckets, and extinguished the very out of control fire. Needless to say it was kind of chaotic and quite the mid-worship experience.

As for the rest of the day, it was very low key. I went with my group to a church service at the local orphanage Casa Hogar Douglas (CHD) and it was AWESOME! I just loved worshiping totally in Spanish and sharing in a powerful message. After the service the group served food to the orphans and care givers before heading back to campus for a pool party with kids from another local orphanage called Bathesda. The party was a lot of fun for the kids, and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time in the pool with some of my favorite girls that live on the campus (Lupita, Ashley, and Brendis). I feel so blessed by them, especially when I get to legitimately hang out with them. That was pretty much the end of the work day for me...nice and low key.

SOOOOO, I am in the process of uploading a super cute video to YouTube for you all. It should be finished by tomorrow so I will post that link then. Until then, you can enjoy this goofy picture of what I like to call my “tan-o-meter.” That is my degree of tan after two weeks in the awesome Mexican sun haha.

Recuerda, somos más que conquistadores. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment