Thursday, June 4, 2009

I MADE IT!

I'm here!!! Thanks be to God for having all the traveling go oh so smoothly. Timing couldn't have been better at the Cleveland airport. I got to sleep in a little more than usual, and unlike past times, I got to the gate only about 5 minutes before boarding. It was so nice to pretty much just hop on the plane and go.

After landing in Houston, I started talking to a lady who had asked me about Grove City College (I was wearing a GCC shirt) and it turns out that she was also from Ohio, AND knew where Kidron was. Every time I talk about Kidron I basically hold no hope in people knowing where it is. She ended up being very knowledgeable about the whole area! It was such a nice conversation! Once I got off the plane I met up with a bunch of my past intern friends. I couldn't quite believe I got to enjoy the blessing of seeing them early.

Anyways, so the transition to Mexican life has gone super well so far, with the remainder of the day focusing on a lot of "get to know each other" games and a pizza party...This time around I knew pretty much all but 3 of the interns which made this day a lot easier. On the downside, though, my Spanish is SO bad right now! I haven't practiced in like a month or more and I am feeling rusty. I know it will come but boy are the wheels just not turning very smoothly right now.

Tomorrow is a day full of "intern training" from basically 8 am to 8 pm...it will be a long day of information giving and some practice for the incoming groups on Saturday. Thankfully we get to end the night in worship, which is something we do every night. As of right now it looks like I will be back at El Retiro Juvenil (ERJ) which hosts an awesome ropes course. I have a lot of relationships there that I can't wait to catch up on. I have missed that place a lot (I spent most of my internship there last summer). If not ERJ, I will be working a lot at a place called Rio 3, which is a very impoversished area. I also spent a good amount of time there last year...either way, it will be a blessing to get to work and see what the Lord will do.

On another note of blessing, I was hoping to find a way to keep myself in shape, basically for my return to biking in August, and I found two great running partners, both of whom are training for a marathon later in the year, so it will be nice to join them as that is one of my new goals for the near future (I know I'm a little bit crazy. I'm not denying it at all)...We'll see how tired this gets me! haha

Welp, it's about time I head to bed. I have a long day ahead...I will post an update again soon. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment