Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Typical Day

One of my friends did this and I thought it was a great idea. Here is a typical day in the life of a Back2Back intern not including Saturdays and Fridays which are different because we are receiving and sending off groups.

5:30 - If it is a running day this is when I wake up. I'm running a 10k race (in Mexico!) in July. Craziness.
6:30 - When I normally wake up, quiet time.
7:30 - Shower/breakfast
8:00 - Morning staff and intern meeting
8:15 - Morning preparations, such as preparing the groups food, water and necessary supplies for the day.
8:30-9:50 - Free time while the groups do their bible studies and stuff. Sometimes we leave early or have extra preparations. If I didn't make it out of bed for my quiet time, then I do it now.
10ish - Depart for the work day
11-4 - Work projects. Can't be too specific as this changes like every day.
4-5 - Travel back to campus or a restaurant depending on the group I'm with.
6 - If on campus, dinner, if not then probably still at said restaurant or possibly back and having free time before worship.
8-9 - Worship, YAY!
9-10:30 - I generally hang out with the jovens (teens in our hope program that live on campus and have the chance to go to college) or the other interns or group members.
10:30-11 - Bed time =)

That's a typical day, woot woot! Stay posted, I will write about my friend Daniel soon, AND I will have a picture for once haha.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shawn, very excited for you as I have recently been blessed with a new passion...Since I returned from Honduras last July, I have been learning the spanish language in preparation to return to Honduras this August. I left my heart with the spanish speaking Hondurans and can't wait to go back. You are in my daily prayers and look forward to following your blog. Don't forget to post pictures! Chris Rowley

    ReplyDelete