Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ever So Close!

So I know I said I had a lot to write about, and I do, but I decided to hold off. To summarize a lot of what I was going to write about, I have a great brother, great pastor, and great church community. Basically I am SURROUNDED by great people! I am just so thankful for the role that each of you has played in my life. Thank you!

This will probably be my last post before heading out...I should probably start packing, but instead I am sitting here watching the Matrix (and loving it!) and I am finally starting to realize that I am ACTUALLY about to leave behind so very much for the next two months. It is going to be great! While a part of me wants to stay comfortable at home, the rest of me knows full well that God has great things in store for the next two months that far outweigh those other desires. I truly cannot wait!

I will send you all an update when I get in. The first day typically consists of a lot of training, and "get to know each other" activities as well as a lot of sweating throughout the whole process. I remember stepping outside of the airport last year, and the heat almost took my breath away haha. It was crazy! So once that is all finished up I will try to put up a quick post with pictures of my room and stuff so you all can see what my living conditions are like. Hopefully I will figure out what my role for the summer will be, too. That is the part I am most excited about. I have no idea what exactly I will be doing at this point, and you know what? That is totally okay.

Well...I should probably start preparing a bit since I will be spending most of the night enjoying my last bike ride for a while. Hopefully I can stay in shape over the next two months so I can come back and get some serious miles in and maybe even do a century or two (That's a 100 mile ride for those of you who aren't cycling enthusiasts). Only time will tell I guess haha. I just hope that I don't actually turn into a fatty (that one was for you, brother) from eating all of the incredible Mexican food =)

Anyways, until I write you next, I guess I will just leave you with a pretty powerful quote from the Matrix since I am watching it and all. Ciao!

Setting: Neo has just turned to face the infamous agent rather than running away like everyone else would...
Trinity: What is he doing?
Morpheus: He is beginning to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment